If you’re reading this, I guess you are already considering therapy. It is a big step but it can be a life-changing one. I know, as I’ve been there! And, as a result of my own journey, I am able to offer you an empathetic, confidential and supportive environment for you to explore just what it is that is preventing you from living the life you desire – and deserve!
The best decision I have ever made for myself was walking into Penni’s room and starting the process of changing my life…
Life has a way of throwing ‘curveballs’ at us that seemingly hit us out of nowhere. When we look around and struggle to find the meaning behind this event, or question our ability to cope, we become lost and confused. However, it doesn’t need to be that way. When working with me, you will be in the driver’s seat – with me as your navigator, guiding you towards your goal (and away from those ‘curveballs’!). Always non-judgemental and incorporating a holistic approach, I’m on your side and you will always have my unconditional positive regard.
Finding Your Inner Resources
Through therapy, we can tap in to your inner resources (yes, you do have them!) which, in turn, will empower you to move forward and:
- increase your self-esteem and confidence.
- overcome anxiety, phobia, insomnia and depression
- create healthy boundaries.
- rediscover you and your values.
- increase self-awareness; thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
- discover what you truly need – and how to ask for it.
- gain balance, perspective and clarity.
- build resilience and self-agency.
- learn how to set effective and measurable goals.
- improve interpersonal relationships.
- heal from past hurts and CEN.
- sleep better.
- learn future coping strategies.
- be more mindful and relaxed.
You talk, I’ll listen!
Having someone there for you in your corner, who can listen – without judgement – and with empathy can, at times, be all that’s needed to restore peace and balance in your life. Being able to ‘off-load’ in a safe and completely confidential environment can bring about powerful change, as you unburden yourself and discover your own potential and problem-solving abilities. So, you talk, I’ll listen! My Talking Surgery is exactly that – no therapy, just me and my ears and some great hints and tips for psychological wellbeing! Please see Appointments below for further information.
Training and Awards
I am professionally qualified to practise in the following areas:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Dip CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Counselling for Depression
- Grief & Bereavement Counselling
- Dream Analysis
- services are indemnity insured
- working with a registered company
- registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- member of International Alliance of Holistic Therapists
- member of the Complimentary Medical Association
Counselling: You can arrange a weekday appointment between 10am and 5pm, with late evening and weekend appointments available by arrangement. Sessions last at least one hour and can take place face to face here, in my therapy room near Newmarket, Suffolk, online via Skype (with video and audio, or just audio), or over the telephone. Fee concessions are available subject to circumstances and availability – please ask when making your enquiry.
Talking Surgery: This is available weekdays between 9:30am and 6pm on a first come, first served basis. Sessions last a maximum of 40 minutes. Fees for this service are different to those for counselling, so please get in touch for further details.
Discovery: A brief ‘discovery’ session is also available, free of charge, for those who are not yet sure that counselling is for them. Get in touch for further details.