For long-term positive outcomes, I believe there are the three “fundamental pillars” required to support a sustainable and strong foundation for self-improvement:
- Addressing distressing or misunderstood emotions – Thoughts and feelings can be complex and difficult to understand. However, creating a supportive, curious and encouraging environment for change is imperative.
- Awareness and acceptance – I believe that self-awareness and the full acceptance of things we can and cannot control, in the good times and the challenging times, is the key to developing resilience to life’s dynamic and uncertainty.
- Meaning and purpose – Developing and cultivating a sense of meaning and purpose in life from a position of emotional wellbeing, acceptance and resilience is a powerful place to be.
My years working in the field of urgent therapy in substance misuse taught me to get to the source of the issue quickly and with great care. Having been trained in Integrative Therapy I work with a variety of methodologies and techniques, with particular interest in Person Centred Therapy, Gestalt and Existential Therapy.
In my experience, working ‘in the moment’ yields the most effective results in a shorter period of time than some other therapeutic interventions that often require longer to achieve positive outcomes.
Having spent a large part of my career as a senior manager for a number of leading international consulting firms, and later in professional music production and music education, I decided to consolidate my life experiences with my lifelong intellectual interest in human psychological processes and behaviour, and studied Integrative Counselling at University of Suffolk.
- Integrative Therapy – University of Suffolk
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Substance Misuse Treatment
- CBT in Substance Misuse
- The Human Toolbox Practitioner Training
- Music Therapy
- Risk Management for Vulnerable Adults
Who do I work with?
I work with clients over the age of 21 looking to identify and address difficult and complex thoughts, feelings and behaviours, develop self-awareness and find meaning and purpose in their lives.
You can arrange face-to-face appointments with me on a Friday or Saturday between 10am and 5pm in our offices near Newmarket with late evening and Skype or Zoom calls available at various times.
- services are indemnity insured
- working with a registered business
- registered with the ICO
- Adult Risk Assessment and Safeguarding Trained